[Pharo-project] syntax highlighting for (stateful) traits (non-local methods)

Toon Verwaest toon.verwaest at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:43:01 CEST 2011

On 04/03/2011 02:37 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>> Indeed. And this is not different from changing a layout of a class having as impact that you have to update the methods.
>> The default traits implementation already recompiles all methods anyway whenever it installs the trait. What I do is, I just let the trait compile itself on the subpart of the class that originally defined the trait.
> allMethods from where?
The methods coming from the trait are recompiled on the class when they
are installed. Actually this should just do bytecode rewriting... but I
don't have time to completely rewrite the traits just yet. I'll do that
in May I guess ;)
> Put a ref to copydown, from strongtalk.
Will do ;)

Now I fixed the bug in MC, the PlayOut project. Now it works; you can
define an instance variable from a trait also on the class and they will
not overlap.

cheers,
Toon