[Pharo-project] who is using softSqueak and standard Squeak

Patrick Barroca patrick.barroca at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 16:35:15 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM, laurent laffont
<laurent.laffont at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>wrote:
>

>> On Apr 2, 2011, at 9:55 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
>>
>> Patrick,
>>
>> I think we should have a ConfigurationOfPharoThemes with all the themes
>> you have made + current ones. I can help (may be a good subject for a our
>> weekly coding-dojo)
>>
>> PharoCore should have only one theme I think.
>>

>> And in turn this means that pharo full has *all* of them? Nonono... it has
>> already *far* too much stuff nobody cares about.
>>

> I'm not saying that Pharo should have all of them.   We can have:
> - ConfigurationOfPharoThemes project latestVersion load:#default   =>  load
> the most used themes (ex: Glamour + Watery2) - for Pharo Full
> - ConfigurationOfPharoThemes project latestVersion load:#softSqueak  for
> the few (?) people who want to use softSqueak for example.
>
> So ConfigurationOfPharoThemes will be an easy way to reference all working
> themes
>
> Laurent.
>

>> Marcus
>>

>>  --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Marcus, I totally agree with you, my target is to find a mean to have a
default theme in Pharo core and other easy to load themes in Pharo full.

A theme in itself should be self contained and should only depend on
UITheme/UIThemeIcons.
Thus a simple repository called PharoTheme could suffice for "officially"
supported ones.

What is loaded by default in Pharo full is up to the Pharo team, IMHO there
is currently to many themes by default.

--
Patrick Barroca