[Pharo-project] Let's get rid of Core vs. Full

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sun Apr 3 19:56:15 CEST 2011

Rather than abandon core vs full, here's a thought on a slightly different approach...

Do development in the FULL version. That way the tools are used and bugs in the tools are fixed as the changes are made in the CORE...you are keeping the FULL alive, not adding new features, etc, since that kind of work is the responsibility of the maintainers ...

Use the build server to run tests against the CORE and the set of CORE tools...

You'll be dragging along more code as you do new development on the CORE, but at least the work of keeping the FULL version in synch will be spread across the whole CORE development cycle rather than concentrated at the end ...

Just some ideas:)

Dale