[Pharo-project] Pharo 1.3 process

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Apr 3 21:13:36 CEST 2011

On Apr 3, 2011, at 7:12 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I'm a little lost on Pharo 1.2 (1.2.1 full was announced but I haven't seen 1.2.0, no big party, no 1 million download contest, BBC announcement... :) I wonder how we can improve the process for 1.3.
>
> I'm thinking about:
> - not starting Pharo 1.4 too soon as I feel it will steal energy from Pharo 1.3.

we will not start 1.4 before 1.3 is at least one month in beta.

> - freezing early to have shorter release and have less stuff to fix with maximum energy (it seems energy go down quickly in the fixing period)

this is what we did. We got now 3 months of beta and result: nobody look at it

> - a failing test should be highest priority: it's easier to fix a broken feature/test as soon as it appears

yes but if nobody look at them, does it make a difference?

> - one guy should drive the release (I feel that Mariano did this for Pharo 1.1 and we know who we should talk to).

marcus did that and this is not the problem.

> Any idea ?

We should no have pharo-dev just pharo-core + RB + oCompletion + shout in the core.