[Pharo-project] Pharo 1.3 process

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Apr 3 21:17:12 CEST 2011

> - Get rid of the Core/Full image destinction. This does not work. And I will not do a release with having two images again... it never worked, and it will never work.

Yes but for that we need a good browser that we can maintain.

> Yes, 2 images seems hard to maintain  and hard to understand for newcomers.
>
> May be we can have:
> - Metacello configurations tested separately in Pharo-Clients in Hudson (like PetitParser, Seaside, ...) - drop the ones that don't have tests
> - drop actual Pharo, rename PharoCore => Pharo.
> - GUI tool in Pharo to easy load Metacello configurations (some stuff must be easy to load for newbies, especially help

This is the idea. This is why I asked people (mariano in particular) to focus on helping metacello taking off the ground
and to focus on metacello distributions. Once this is up and running. we can have Pharo and hudson loads and certifies the distributions.