[Pharo-project] Regarding SimpleMorphic

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:01:01 CEST 2011

On 31 March 2011 22:03, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

>> Stef,
>>
>> I'm sure you really miss last year, but we're entering the second quarter of 2011 ;-)
>>
>> []s
>>
>> Getting back to the technical part of your post, I also always tried to understand why in some cases we end up with this strange hierarchy
>
> people long time ago thought that inheritance = reuse.

It is strange, because i learned that inheritance is _specialization_.

And i actually haven't took much care about subtleties of this, before
i met smalltalk and start coding in it. It is in smalltalk, where it
become apparent to me:
- subclassing is not a way to "extend" a superclass, it is a way to
specialize a superclass.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.