[Pharo-project] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:05:16 CEST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:
>
> 1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is,
> ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or
> depend on #development versions.

so...can someone check this is done?  GUillermo and me did it once...but it
seems a lot of stuff was updated once again

> 2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared
> vms". There are some issues regarding this...

Marcus, which is the status of this one ?

> 3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2

consider as done in nobody else comes with something better,

> 5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update
> 12340

SystemVersion current ->> Pharo1.2.1 of 2 April 2011 update 12345

so..it is ok, isn't it ? can we forget this item ?

> 6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease

Marcus, is that necessary ?

DEVImageCreator >> cleanUps

    ScriptLoader new cleanUpForRelease.
    "In Pharo 1.1 condenseChanges is VERY slow because of the new method
trailers. So condensingChanges each time even when it is not needed is not a
good idea anymore. So in case a condenseChanges is needed it should be done
explicitly.
    Smalltalk condenseChanges."
    Smalltalk garbageCollect.

I did that and I put that comment. Now that they are faster and that we have
Hudson, should I put back the Smalltalk condenseChanges ?    is there
anything else needed?  do we need a condenseSources ?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com