[Pharo-project] Regarding SimpleMorphic

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Mon Apr 4 17:07:38 CEST 2011

On Apr 4, 2011, at 1:44 09PM, Benjamin wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2011, at 8:29 PM, csrabak at bol.com.br wrote:

>>> based on means, that the view  (on right) is based on the model (on
>>> left)
>>
>> This still tautological: does "based on" means the structure is one-to-one correspondent?
>>
>> Or are we re-introducing the MVC paradigm and the "based on" means that the View has to know the inners of the Model in order to be built?
>
> Yes it's MVC, the problem is there is no proper controllers ...
>

> Ben

"Problem" is a bit harsh of a word.
Controllers are great for when you want modal behaviour for an object (like, a canvas in a drawing program responding to mouseclicks differently based on current brush).
For typical widgets where behaviour is non--modal, they are mostly, if not entirely, an unnecessary level of indirection.

My 2c at least :)

Cheers,
Henry