[Pharo-project] [ANN 1.2] 1.2.1 Full Release Image

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:09:32 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I started to try to release 1.2. Not only I did the list of changes but
> also:
>
> 1) I asked if people still wanted the background:
> http://forum.world.st/Do-you-want-to-add-the-background-picture-to-the-image-like-we-did-with-Pharo-1-1-td3350726.html#a3355332
> results: negative. So, no backgrund. White as it is now.
>
> 2) I asked what people wanted that used to be in 1.1:
> http://forum.world.st/Do-we-want-this-for-Pharo-1-2-and-futures-td3350721.html
> guess how many replies? TWO.
> results: I would only nclude the installScript. I guess that Hudson could
> do that very easy, doesn't it ?  marcus ?
>
> 3) I wrote down the pending lists:
> http://forum.world.st/Last-pending-things-for-Pharo-1-2-tp3350731p3350731.html
>
> Sorry, I cannot do more.

Thanks Mariano.

More and more I think we should do the agile way: timeboxing,  let's define
a fixed planning for Pharo 1.3 beta, rc, and release dates and release
whatever happen - even bugs we know - if the bug is still here it means it's
not really annoying. And it could always be fixed in 1.3.1 (which should be
planned too).

Laurent.