[Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Mon Apr 4 17:19:49 CEST 2011

On Apr 4, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

In general, for all pending things adding entries in the bug tracker is the only way ti make sure they are not forgotten.

> 1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.
>
> so...can someone check this is done?  GUillermo and me did it once...but it seems a lot of stuff was updated once again

I just gave up and took the image yesterday. Like you did for 1.1: Just build it once, don't care that it is repeatable.

> 2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
>
> Marcus, which is the status of this one ?

I updated the one-click image with the last cog VM.

For the one-click, it is identical to 1.1 with the only change that I put the windows VM I got from Torsten.

> 3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2
>
> consider as done in nobody else comes with something better,
>
> 5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340
>

> SystemVersion current ->> Pharo1.2.1 of 2 April 2011 update 12345
>
> so..it is ok, isn't it ? can we forget this item ?
>
> 6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease
>

> Marcus, is that necessary ?
>
> DEVImageCreator >> cleanUps
>
>     ScriptLoader new cleanUpForRelease.
>     "In Pharo 1.1 condenseChanges is VERY slow because of the new method trailers. So condensingChanges each time even when it is not needed is not a good idea anymore. So in case a condenseChanges is needed it should be done explicitly.
>     Smalltalk condenseChanges."
>     Smalltalk garbageCollect.
>
> I did that and I put that comment. Now that they are faster and that we have Hudson, should I put back the Smalltalk condenseChanges ?    is there anything else needed?  do we need a condenseSources ?

CondenseChange and CondenseSource is broken right now.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.