[Pharo-project] [ANN 1.2] 1.2.1 Full Release Image

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:14:35 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>wrote:
>

>> On Apr 4, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>> > I started to try to release 1.2. Not only I did the list of changes but
>> also:
>> >
>> > 1) I asked if people still wanted the background:
>> http://forum.world.st/Do-you-want-to-add-the-background-picture-to-the-image-like-we-did-with-Pharo-1-1-td3350726.html#a3355332
>> > results: negative. So, no backgrund. White as it is now.
>> >
>> > 2) I asked what people wanted that used to be in 1.1:
>> http://forum.world.st/Do-we-want-this-for-Pharo-1-2-and-futures-td3350721.html
>> > guess how many replies? TWO.
>> > results: I would only nclude the installScript. I guess that Hudson
>> could do that very easy, doesn't it ?  marcus ?
>> >

>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Pharo-1.2/Pharo-1.2.st
>>

> Excellent!  and that be included in the zip that hudson creates for the dev
> images?
>

> It used to be in there. But then people where thinking that it is a startup
> file that is executed when the image starts up... maybe by renaming it this
> would get clearer?

ok, I understand. So yes, or a better name or...... if someone really needs
to know that the build script was, then it means:

1) that he is aware of PharoCore / PharoDev
2) That he wants to reproduce the build, or fix a bug, or something.

For me, both thins means that such guy is not a beginner/newbie. So we can
assume that he also knows where to search such file in hudson ?  if
true...then we don't include the file...

> Marcus

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com