[Pharo-project] Let's get rid of Core vs. Full

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:44:33 CEST 2011

As I can understand the proposal of Marcus is not have anymore an
image without the minimal set of tools for development. And I full
agree with this option.

Allways is possible to shrink the image in a next step if needed. In
other words, to me Core is not useful witthout a minimal set of dev
tools and I'm doing production deployments with such tools with no
problems. By other hand, as most of the images are in remote servers I
need to use them via VNC and with the dev tools.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

2011/4/4 Tudor Girba <tudor.girba at gmail.com>:
> This is what I understood from what Marcus said, too :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 4 Apr 2011, at 15:57, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> This is my ideas.
>>
>>> My proposition for 1.3:
>>> 1) Add MetacelloBrowser and switch to version-separated repositories (like MetaRepoForPharo11, etc. -I don't like the "abbreviated names" but you get the idea)
>>> 2) Reduce the "full" image to Core+OB+RB+Shout+OCompletion+Finder+MetacelloBrowser