[Pharo-project] Draft Pharo 1.2.1 Release Announcement

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Mon Apr 4 23:01:02 CEST 2011

I have a draft for a release announcement for Pharo 1.2.1

	http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Pharo/pharo-1.2.1-release.html

[ THIS IS A DRAFT !! - DO NOT YET RELEASE ]

Please check this for errors and omissions, I will try to integrate the remarks tomorrow. Please check the links as well.

I tried to stick with the basics, as one could write about so much (introducing Pharo Smalltalk and its features could be useful, but is quite challenging; everything loaded into dev could be described, and so on). I am sure I am not doing justice to all efforts by everybody, please give feedback.

To give it a little twist, I started with a little 'story' called 'Update #12345', maybe it is to geeky, but it felt like a good angle to cover the basics about the process and the time spent.

The most useful raw material was this http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ActionsInPharoOneDotTwo

It feels as if more could be said about Dev.

I also tried to stick with just a simple screenshot, I could come up with more complicated ones, but we cannot put everything on one screenshot.

Sven