[Pharo-project] Draft Pharo 1.2.1 Release Announcement

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 03:42:31 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> wrote:
> I have a draft for a release announcement for Pharo 1.2.1
>
>        http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Pharo/pharo-1.2.1-release.html
>
> [ THIS IS A DRAFT !! - DO NOT YET RELEASE ]
>
> Please check this for errors and omissions, I will try to integrate the remarks tomorrow. Please check the links as well.

Great Sven, maybe you could put this information on the wiki so the
people could modify it more easily.

> I tried to stick with the basics, as one could write about so much (introducing Pharo Smalltalk and its features could be useful, but is quite challenging; everything loaded into dev could be described, and so on). I am sure I am not doing justice to all efforts by everybody, please give feedback.
>
> To give it a little twist, I started with a little 'story' called 'Update #12345', maybe it is to geeky, but it felt like a good angle to cover the basics about the process and the time spent.
>
> The most useful raw material was this http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ActionsInPharoOneDotTwo
>
> It feels as if more could be said about Dev.

Stéphane already suggest to look at all the issues solved during 1.2:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=1&q=milestone=1.2
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=1&q=Milestone%3D1.2-DevImage

The related issues could be added before the description of the changes:
#2943, #3036 SUnit 4 integration

For future releases, i guess a semi-automatic changelog could be done
with the list of issues.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich