[Pharo-project] Draft Pharo 1.2.1 Release Announcement

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:01:22 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Serge Stinckwich
<serge.stinckwich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> wrote:
>> I have a draft for a release announcement for Pharo 1.2.1
>>
>>        http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Pharo/pharo-1.2.1-release.html
>>
>> [ THIS IS A DRAFT !! - DO NOT YET RELEASE ]
>>
>> Please check this for errors and omissions, I will try to integrate the remarks tomorrow. Please check the links as well.
>
> Great Sven, maybe you could put this information on the wiki so the
> people could modify it more easily.
>
>> I tried to stick with the basics, as one could write about so much (introducing Pharo Smalltalk and its features could be useful, but is quite challenging; everything loaded into dev could be described, and so on). I am sure I am not doing justice to all efforts by everybody, please give feedback.
>>
>> To give it a little twist, I started with a little 'story' called 'Update #12345', maybe it is to geeky, but it felt like a good angle to cover the basics about the process and the time spent.
>>
>> The most useful raw material was this http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ActionsInPharoOneDotTwo
>>
>> It feels as if more could be said about Dev.
>
> Stéphane already suggest to look at all the issues solved during 1.2:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=1&q=milestone=1.2
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=1&q=Milestone%3D1.2-DevImage
>
> The related issues could be added before the description of the changes:
> #2943, #3036 SUnit 4 integration
>
> For future releases, i guess a semi-automatic changelog could be done
> with the list of issues.

This is quite difficult now to know exactly from the list of issues
which one have been integrated effectively in 1.2 or not.
Some issues are closed, some other are their fix/enhancements
integrated in the image.
Maybe for future releases, when a fix/enhancements is accepted, the
issue could be tagged with a label like : in1.3
The idea is to be able to extract the list of updates directly from issues.

What do you think about that ?

Regards
--
Serge Stinckwich