[Pharo-project] Draft Pharo 1.2.1 Release Announcement

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Apr 5 22:38:19 CEST 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 10:28 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Thanks, Sven!
>
> I've put the page online
> - as a blog entry on the news page: http://www.pharo-project.org/news
> - the release page: http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/release-1-2-1
>
> (I've slightly edited some of the bullet point items to fit on one line)
>
> Thanks Laurent for the translation. I've linked to the wiki page you created.
>
> As far as I see there's one thing missing on the website: the download sticker for the one click image (top right on the page) still points to 1.1.1. I'll try to change the sticker and link tomorrow morning.
>
> Regarding the one click image, on the download page we linked to 1.1.1 with and without COG. Do we still have this distinction?

Yes. 1.2 is the last release with Cog / nonCog.
(we need to use and test using cog... e.g. hudson needs to use cog. This is planed for 1.3)

Therefore, this is not correct:

Pharo 1.2.1 One-Click is the easiest to get started: it includes all needed components (image, change and source file as well as a fast, compatible Cog VM) in one package that requires no installation

the linked image does not use Cog.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.