[Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Apr 5 23:11:59 CEST 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I just gave up and took the image yesterday. Like you did for 1.1: Just build it once, don't care that it is repeatable.
>
> Sorry, I didn't understand. The Pharo 1.1 was repeatable (in the same core) since all the Metacello versions were frozen.

In 1.2 seemingly not, it changes by the phase of the moon what is loaded. Yes... someone needs to look at that. Somone
needed to look at that for months.

At the same time, 1.3 does not even had a build *ever*.

>> 2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
>>

>> Marcus, which is the status of this one ?
>
> I updated the one-click image with the last cog VM.
>
> For the one-click, it is identical to 1.1 with the only change that I put the windows VM I got from Torsten.
>

> But 1.1 was not-Cog  (Cog 1.1.1 was cog). So...we are shipping the Pharo One Click 1.2  with the Interpreter VM instead of Cog ?
> or did you mean 1.1.1 ?  if so, it would be good to update to latest Cog. The cog version used for 1.1.1 had several problems (I think the run:with:in: crashes the image -> TestCoverage)

I updated the cog One-Click to the latest Cog vm released last week.

Yes, we need to have everthing build by Hudson automatically... but on the other hand, we need to release and not postpone forever.

We had 3 Months to fix everything, we did not, we would not fix in another 3 months.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.