[Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:18:19 CEST 2011

Em 05-04-2011 18:05, Mariano Martinez Peck escreveu:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr
> <mailto:marcus.denker at inria.fr>> wrote:
>

>     On Apr 4, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>>     On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>>     <marianopeck at gmail.com <mailto:marianopeck at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:
>>

>     In general, for all pending things adding entries in the bug
>     tracker is the only way ti make sure they are not forgotten.
>
>>         1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is,
>>         ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we
>>         should NOT use or depend on #development versions.
>>

>>     so...can someone check this is done?  GUillermo and me did it
>>     once...but it seems a lot of stuff was updated once again
>
>     I just gave up and took the image yesterday. Like you did for 1.1:
>     Just build it once, don't care that it is repeatable.
>

> Sorry, I didn't understand. The Pharo 1.1 was repeatable (in the same
> core) since all the Metacello versions were frozen.
>

>>         2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and
>>         "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
>>

>>     Marcus, which is the status of this one ?
>
>     I updated the one-click image with the last cog VM.
>
>     For the one-click, it is identical to 1.1 with the only change
>     that I put the windows VM I got from Torsten.
>

> But 1.1 was not-Cog  (Cog 1.1.1 was cog). So...we are shipping the
> Pharo One Click 1.2  with the Interpreter VM instead of Cog ?
> or did you mean 1.1.1 ?  if so, it would be good to update to latest
> Cog. The cog version used for 1.1.1 had several problems (I think the
> run:with:in: crashes the image -> TestCoverage)
In linux (Fedora 14) when using diacritics '`~^", cog messes inputs (at
least pt_BR) and fail to interpret properly keyboard entries (like
áéíóúàãõâê, etc). Thus typing ' + a won't give á but a?

It's not a pharo problem but it's cog one. I suggest traditional vm is
hold in use while cog don't address these input methods problem.