[Pharo-project] Actions done in 1.3

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:30:46 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Planning is also important.
>
> Time is good, but another thing is i think we should think about,
> what features we want to be in new release, and do not release until
> they delivered.

I don't really like this. I prefer rhythm, agility. Timeboxing enables
maximum value in each release. If a feature is really important, it will be
on time. If not on time, it means it was no so important.

Always green test is a must-have.

> Besides bug fixing and minor improvements, there should be some
> functionality which we want to have in new release,

That should be a goal, but don't delay a release because the feature is not
here. If releases are often ( for example every 3 months), shorter, it won't
be a big problem to wait for the next one.

I prefer to have a release *now* without my feature and wait 3 months for
the next release than no release and waiting for 3 months more with less and
less energy.

Laurent.