[Pharo-project] Question about the Refactoring Browser

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Wed Apr 6 18:14:53 CEST 2011

Hi jan

> Thanks,
>
> If I understand correctly I can get a refactoring code model of the unloaded code,

I do not think so.
Even if we are working on Ring just for this scenario I doubt it worked by default.

> but I cannot run the code critics on the model.
>
> Ok, I will have a look what functionality this model provides. And I have to figure out how to construct this model using a collection of Monticello packages.

May be you can be interested by RING: the new source code meta model developed by Veronica (the woman behind Torch)
She did an excellent job and we need people to use it and give feedback.
Our vision is that we want to use RING (a meta model with the same interface as the one of the Smalltalk runobject)
so that we can do
	remote access
	file browsing
	version comparison

using the same tools.

We have a paper under submission if you are interested.

Stef