[Pharo-project] Question about the Refactoring Browser

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:28:57 CEST 2011

>>> I do not think so.
>>> Even if we are working on Ring just for this scenario I doubt it worked by default.
>>
>> Sure it works by default.
>
> So you can have a model on code that is not in the image?

Most refactorings start from the existing system:

     model := RBNamespace onEnvironment: BrowserEnvironment new

But you can also start from nothing:

     model := RBNamespace onEnvironment: BrowserEnvironment new not

> I imagine that you can create RBClass RBMethod.... but this is not my point.

Why not? RBClass, RBMetaclass and RBMethod are central parts of the
model. All reflection you do on these objects only affects what is
defined inside this model.

> How do you do that? which browser do you use?

If you have OB-Refactory loaded you can use:

     model open

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli