[Pharo-project] SmalltalkHub going beta in a week

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:21:14 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Serge> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Randal L. Schwartz
>>>
> Serge> Yes, but this SmalltalkHub not PharoHub ;-)
>>>
>>> Oh, did I miss the parallel announcement on squeak-dev?  Sorry.
>
> Serge> There was no announcement on squeak-dev.
> Serge> Nicolas forget about that i guess.
>
> OK, so if this is a general replacement for Squeaksource, the "tagging"
> issue comes up again.  How do we identify which branch of Squeak a
> package might be for?  And can we maintain forks for those things that
> require it?

At the code level, you can manage several Squeak/Pharo branchs with
the help of Metacello.
At the repository level, i dunno if this possible to use this kind of
information for the web site.
And i guess not every projects use (or want to use) Metacello, so
suitable tags might be needed.

There is no obligation for every communities or projects to be on
SmalltalkHub, like every git repositories is not on github.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk