[Pharo-project] Actions done in 1.3

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Apr 7 09:17:09 CEST 2011

I do not have specific stance on that this is why I hear both arguments.

Now agility is not something that we claim but that we do.
I think that not having releases that drag on forever is important.
I prefer to have
	- 3/4 releases full of energy that are time based vs. 2 that are slugglish and ends up in few fixes over a long period.
	- this would avoid to have an accumulation of code to integrate and laucnh beta too early to reduce the pressure.
	- In addition since people do not understand what is a release candidate, then having more frequent release would mean
	that people port more often if they want.
So we will see. For now the good point is that we can release 1.3 tomorrow and this will not be a release maintenance because
lot of changes are already done.

Stef