[Pharo-project] Actions done in 1.3

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Thu Apr 7 09:53:21 CEST 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I do not have specific stance on that this is why I hear both arguments.
>
> Now agility is not something that we claim but that we do.
> I think that not having releases that drag on forever is important.
> I prefer to have
> 	- 3/4 releases full of energy that are time based vs. 2 that are slugglish and ends up in few fixes over a long period.
> 	- this would avoid to have an accumulation of code to integrate and laucnh beta too early to reduce the pressure.
> 	- In addition since people do not understand what is a release candidate, then having more frequent release would mean
> 	that people port more often if they want.
> So we will see. For now the good point is that we can release 1.3 tomorrow and this will not be a release maintenance because
> lot of changes are already done.

The next steps are:

	-> go over the bug tracker and tag as 1.3 just the real important entries
	-> Fix the easy to fix failing tests (just 25 to go)
	-> Do another iteration on the build server for complete auto-build to the artififact we ship.

and:

	-> Do another iteration on Cog builds so we can move to Cog only.

I want a 1.3 that is in "we could release today if we wanted" 90% of the time.

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.