[Pharo-project] Metacello chapter

Miguel Cobá miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:02:10 CEST 2011

El jue, 07-04-2011 a las 09:18 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> and so what? I still do not understand it.
> may be noury should be added to the project.

A pull is a notice to the original author (whose code the contributor is
forking and modifying) to indicate that some changes are made parting
from some point in time (the time of forking). Github permits the
original author to review the changes and apply them to its own
"official" codebase, therefore integrating contributions from others.

The nice thing is that everyone can modify what he wants but the
original author is the one that takes what it appears good to him for
integrating in the official codebase. There is no need to add more
people to a "project" because everyone can have its own copy of the
project and only share the changes as needed.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz