[Pharo-project] SmalltalkHub going beta in a week

Miguel Cobá miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:08:04 CEST 2011

El mié, 06-04-2011 a las 19:48 -0700, Randal L. Schwartz escribió:

> Serge> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Randal L. Schwartz
> >>
> Serge> Yes, but this SmalltalkHub not PharoHub ;-)
> >>
> >> Oh, did I miss the parallel announcement on squeak-dev?  Sorry.
>
> Serge> There was no announcement on squeak-dev.
> Serge> Nicolas forget about that i guess.
>
> OK, so if this is a general replacement for Squeaksource, the "tagging"
> issue comes up again.  How do we identify which branch of Squeak a
> package might be for?  And can we maintain forks for those things that
> require it?

Isn't the responsibility of the repository. The repository only stores
code. Just like svn or github. You can use other features to "emulate"
and adapt it to your needs (like the tags) but that isn't a feature of
the repo.
Indeed is the task of the maintainer of the code to mark some versions
as tested and ok on some versions of Squeak or Pharo. Currently, in
Pharo, that job is done in Metacello configurations.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz