[Pharo-project] filesystem changes

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:26:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

I noticed that Filesystem changed significantly recently both internally and in package structure (I guess it was Colin - the user says cwp). This led to some red tests in Moose that I now fixed. I am writing here to document these changes in case other people are using this nice library.

From a package point of view Filesystem has now a cool structure with basically each category being in a separate package. Furthermore, the original Filesystem is now empty which might create problems if people are loading it like we do in Moose.

To get it loading, I created a new baseline (2.0.1-baseline) in the ConfigurationOfFilesystem.

There were also some refactorings at the level of the model. Now, FSFilesystem does not have subclasses anymore (e.g., FSDiskFilesystem does not exist anymore). Instead there is a composition with a Store, so you will have FSDiskStore.

Thus, if before you used something like "FSDiskFilesystem current", now you will have to use "FSDiskStore currentFilesystem"

That was it.

Everything is green now in Moose land.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."