[Pharo-project] Metacello chapter

Miguel Cobá miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:13:39 CEST 2011

El jue, 07-04-2011 a las 20:44 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> On Apr 7, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Miguel Cobá wrote:
>
> > El jue, 07-04-2011 a las 09:18 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> >> and so what? I still do not understand it.
> >> may be noury should be added to the project.
> >
> > A pull is a notice to the original author (whose code the contributor is
> > forking and modifying) to indicate that some changes are made parting
> > from some point in time (the time of forking). Github permits the
> > original author to review the changes and apply them to its own
> > "official" codebase, therefore integrating contributions from others.
>
> how do I do both

Those are separate scenarios:

> 	notify a project I have changes for it?

Here you are contributor and are informing the original
author/developer/owner that you have some changes for it to review and
possibly integrate (that is the pull request: you request the author
that pull your changes in its repository).

> 	how do I merge changes submitted?

Here you are the author/developer/owner of the repo and you have a queue
of pull request to review and possible to integrate changes made from
some other people.

Cheers