[Pharo-project] An idea about Pluggable widgets

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:26:20 CEST 2011

2011/4/7 Alain Plantec <alain.plantec at yahoo.com>:
> Le 07/04/2011 19:23, Igor Stasenko a écrit :
>>
>> button1 model: (self for: #performAction adapt: #turnRed)
>> button2 model: (self for: #performAction adapt: #turnGreen)
>
> yes, cool!
> It seems to be a good way to clean morphic
> cheers
> Alain

Yes, it's delegating the job to specialized objects.
Specialized objects shall know how to.
That should prevent Morphs to be omniscient.

My favourite name for the opposite pattern is "god programming": we
all encountered the thousand lines functions with tons of imbricated
if/switch logic in C or C// world, didn't we ?

Somehow, Igor proposal reminds me the VW UI architecture were they
pushed the wrapper pattern very far.
Personnally, I found myself comfortable with it, but it had its detractors too.
It would be interesting to analyze their arguments.

cheers.

Nicolas