[Pharo-project] Initial PetitC parser

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:05:48 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Javier Pimás <elpochodelagente at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>      I took some time to start developing a C parser with PetitParser. I
> used the slides of the smalltalk school, they were pretty useful, and after
> some hours I have a very basic tokens scanner. The idea of this work is to
> be able to feed the parser with C headers and automagically get the C
> bindings done in smalltalk.

Hi Javier,

That's a great project and I'm highly interested in it. I'm not experienced
in PetitParser so I won't be a lot of help, but I'll give it a try.

> Now I have to actually start doing something with the scanned code. How
> should I do that, all in the same class? What if I want to generate bindings
> for different kinds of FFIs? Other question, how should I handle
> preprocessing? (now there isn't any kind of preprocessing)

Maybe you already thought of this but what if you make your parser build
some simple C AST and then you make specific visitors for each kind of FFI?

Cheers
Richo