[Pharo-project] A step toward reducing complexity

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:26:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 8 Apr 2011, at 09:01, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Tudor
>
> is it for pharo?

I do not know because I do not understand what the process is anymore. I tried to get a process going in which the design of UI goes through the same rigor and integration like the object-oriented design, but it did not work yet :(.

We need a project. I proposed to do this in the context of the The Glamorous Toolkit project and to integrate all these concerns, including the UI look and feel. I would offer to lead this. Right now, everyone is still pretty much working on UI by looking at smaller pieces in his own corner. That is not bad, but it is not enough.

>> Hi,
>>
>> I refactored the GLMUITheme to inherit from UITheme. I followed your steps and fixed a number of other issues.
>
> like what?

Like small graphical issues related to the fact that GLMUITheme does no longer inherit all the helpers and effects from Watery2.

At the moment, I basically copied some of these from Watery2 (like the management of the close/minimize/maximize) buttons.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."