[Pharo-project] A step toward reducing complexity

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Apr 8 10:41:11 CEST 2011

>> is it for pharo?
>
> I do not know because I do not understand what the process is anymore. I tried to get a process going in which the design of UI goes through the same rigor and integration like the object-oriented design, but it did not work yet :(.

You lost me there.
You are talking about Glamour.

> We need a project. I proposed to do this in the context of the The Glamorous Toolkit project and to integrate all these concerns, including the UI look and feel.

Yes I thought that this is what you were doing.
> I would offer to lead this. Right now, everyone is still pretty much working on UI by looking at smaller pieces in his own corner. That is not bad, but it is not enough.

I'm talking just about the UITheme. So I was planning to rename the GLMglamour looks which is in pharo and do the refactoring but what I could do is to start from yours so that the one we use gets all your improvements. And you could load yours on the side.

Stef