[Pharo-project] Initial PetitC parser

Javier Pimás elpochodelagente at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:49:02 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Tudor Girba <tudor.girba at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Javier,
>
> On 8 Apr 2011, at 05:37, Javier Pimás wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >      I took some time to start developing a C parser with PetitParser. I
> used the slides of the smalltalk school, they were pretty useful, and after
> some hours I have a very basic tokens scanner. The idea of this work is to
> be able to feed the parser with C headers and automagically get the C
> bindings done in smalltalk.
>

> Nice. I took a quick look. If you want to scale, please write tests (one
> small example per test). Grammars become complex and if you do not have
> close to 100% coverage, you will get stuck.

OK, I'll try. One question regarding PP: I started coding by looking at
PPArithmeticParser, and noticed that for each sub-grammar you have a method
and an instance named the same way, is that a requirement? If I don't add
the instances this sub-grammars are not shown in the PPBrowser.

Regards,
            Javier.

Cheers,

--