[Pharo-project] jtalk fun

Richard Durr richard.durr at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 21:02:35 CEST 2011

Cool. The only problem in JTalk is for interfacing with JS you have to
create new classes and use jsbody-methods ({'alert("hello")'}). In OMeta's
JS/Smalltalk, you can reference and call JS-Objects directly (alert value:
'hello') at the cost of semantic ("atput" "a: t: p: u: t:" and "atput:" all
refer to the same method/function, for example).

Somehow I find CoffeeScript cleaner in this regard. CoffeeScript is no
Smalltalk, though. :(