[Pharo-project] A question about UIManager

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Apr 10 21:21:10 CEST 2011

Hi pharoers

I was trying to change MenuMorph direct reference to use UIManager because I was thinking
that a popup menu should not open alone but this is the responsibility of the UIManager and I was not happy.
why because we have these
	UIManager default

and I started to think about them (ok I'm dead nearly sleeping at 9 in the evening because I took too much sun
and walk today). My gut feeling is that at least for UI code, any UI element could have an access to the current UIManager
via an instance variable or a message.
	self uiManager.
Now may be the UI World should point to the UIMAnager and each graphical element should access it like that.
For non UI class then this is a different story.

But I would like to get your point of view on that point.

Tx

stef