[Pharo-project] Fwd: Company using Pharo [was: Have started an independent developer activity]

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:34:18 CEST 2011

Thanks Thierry !

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gmail perso <zebourk at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Have started an independent developer activity
- Thank you
To: laurent laffont <laurent.laffont at gmail.com>

 Of course! You can add Alsim (http://ww.alsim.com/) to the list of company
using Pharo. For the details, we are still in early stage of adoption, but
it is really promising.

As the best way to learn is to practice, we have started the development of
a tool for our stock management, as the model is quite simple. The aim is to
learn, and to validate some concepts too, like the use of a web interface.
So we use:
* Pharo
* Seaside for the web part
* Magma for the data persistence.

For the moment, it is still in early stage of development, but it is growing
quite fast. I think I will be able to give you more feed back soon.

--
Thierry