[Pharo-project] Meanwhile, at another vm

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Apr 13 23:27:40 CEST 2011

On 04/13/2011 11:15 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Dave Mason <dmason at mason-rose.ca
>     "We will also investigate support for hotswapping, the capability to
>     modify the structure of classes at run time."
>
>     So, yes, they planned to "investigate" a version of become:
>

> How is that phrase related to #become:   ?   Modyfing the structure of a
> class at runtime has nothing to do with a #become:

It depends. If "modify structure" means "modifying methods" then indeed
it has little to do with become:. But if it means "changing the memory
layout of the class by for example adding ivars" then it has to do with
become: because it is needed to do instance migration from the old class
to the new class.

regards, Göran