[Pharo-project] Please update Help> Announcements tutorial
dougedmunds at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:50:11 CEST 2011
1. Not understanding how announcements work, I tried the tutorial information
World menu > Help> Help Browser > Announcements framework
2. Under Tutorial - Step 3, there is this line:
"Transcript open." That crashes, because apparently Transcript no longer
understands 'open'. How do you open a Transcript from a workspace under
3. I created a category 'Sandbox', and a class 'MyStuff'. I put the code
from Tutorial -Step 3 into a method called anno1
Object subclass: #MyStuff
!MyStuff methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'DougEdmunds 4/14/2011
| announcer |
to: [ Transcript show: 'A new window was opened';cr].! !
I ran "MyStuff new anno1." in a workspace.
Now every time I open a window, the Transcript shows. "A new window was
4. I removed the MyStuff class. But every time I open a window, the
Transcript still shows "A new window was opened."
I return to the Announcements Tutorial, and there is NO EXPLANATION how to
get rid of this 'announcement' or whatever I should call the line that
appears in the Transcript.
6. So, please whoever wrote the Tutorial, update it.
7. And the more immediate question: how do I stop automatically printing 'A
new window was opened' in the Transcript every time I open a window?
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Please-update-Help-Announcements-tutorial-tp3452524p3452524.html
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Pharo-project