[Pharo-project] Moving tracker mails to second list?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sun Apr 17 15:32:35 CEST 2011

On Apr 17, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Stefan Marr wrote:

> Hi:
>
> On 17 Apr 2011, at 14:47, Marcus Denker wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The tracker generates a mail even for tiny status changes (e.g. 1.3 --> 1.3-Dev)... "Accepted" to "Fixed"...
>>
>> We did the tracker to the main list so people realise that a lot is going on on the tracker. I guess we accomplished
>> that mission.
> Yes, you managed so well, that at least I started to filter them out immediately.
> This a 'mission failed' in my book.
>
> If you still want to make people aware about the issues in the tracker, then you should find a solution that only posts for a new issue are something like that.

The problem is that we use a tracker that we can not change. Google can just send all emails or none. That's it.

In addition, it does not support sub-projects. So we have just a mess of 450 issues, instead of sorting them nicely. E.g. to

	Collections
	Morphic
	FilesSystem
	O2
	OB

and then realizing that each in itself has not that many issues... (devide and conquer *does* work!).

It's always the same: Perfection is something else, but if we do not just use what we are just stuck.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.