[Pharo-project] Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on Magma, an object oriented database.

Miguel Cobá miguel.coba at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 19:51:29 CEST 2011

Done!

in post answer:
@Bostjan,

currently Magma is having issues (Chris Muller is fixing them) in Pharo
1.2. One working combination is Magma 1.1r1 on Pharo 1.2.1. Get a
PharoCore 1.2.1 and evaluate in a workspace:

Deprecation raiseWarning: false.
Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma)
project version: #stable) load: 'Tester'.

Then create a directory for the repo (magma in this case) and evaluate
in a workspace:

"Create a repository"
MagmaRepositoryController
create: 'magma/'
root: Dictionary new.

"Start the magma server"
MagmaServerConsole new
open: 'magma/';
processOn: 51969;
inspect.

"Connect to magma"
(MagmaSession host: 'localhost' port: 51969)
connectAs: 'miguel';
inspect.

In the windows raised by the last doit (the connection window) evaluate:

self root inspect

and then

self root at #miguel put: OrderedCollection new

and then again:

self root inspect.

When Magma 1.2 is working on Pharo 1.2 and Pharo 1.3 I will update the
ConfigurationOfMagma and announce it on the pharo and magma mailing
lists.

Cheers

PS. Maybe you should enable url/name or anonymous comments as not
everyone will want to use username/pw to post a comment. I used my
google account but as I have no blogger account when clicking the link
to my name shows a "Profile not available" page.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz