[Pharo-project] OSProcess and CommandShell

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:24:12 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM, sourav roy <sourav_pharo at in.com> wrote:

> Hi
> i tried the way to suggested but i am still getting the same error. My
> pharo version is 1.1.1. do you think this may be the reason.
> i am attaching a snapshot.

The problem is that the Pharo 1.1.1 already has Metacello installed. But of
course, the metacello of that moment.
The way you are installing OSProcess, i.e

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version: #stable)  load.

use the "symbolic" version #stable which is a Metacello feature that was
added to Metacello in a newer version than the one you have in Pharo 1.1.1.
So...you have to options:

1) Try to upgrade your Metacello version of your Pharo 1.1.1 to the latest
one. This is what I tried, but failed. THere is a way to upgrade a package
in Metacello but I don't remember now. Maybe other guy now.

2) browse the implementation of #stable and you will see it is :

stable: spec
    <symbolicVersion: #'stable'>

    spec for: #'common' version: '4.4.0'.

So...you can just evaluate:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version: '4.4.0')  load.

and it should work.

Anyway, I recommend you to read the Metacello chapter I wrote with Stef:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28462/Metacello.pdf

as you ca find it in  http://pharobyexample.org/

Cheers

Mariano