[Pharo-project] [Metacello] Re: Re: OSProcess and CommandShell

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Mon Apr 18 19:54:44 CEST 2011

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com
> <mailto:dhenrich at vmware.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/18/2011 10:24 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>         On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM, sourav roy <sourav_pharo at in.com
>         <mailto:sourav_pharo at in.com>
>         <mailto:sourav_pharo at in.com <mailto:sourav_pharo at in.com>>> wrote:
>
>             Hi
>             i tried the way to suggested but i am still getting the same
>         error.
>             My pharo version is 1.1.1. do you think this may be the reason.
>             i am attaching a snapshot.
>

>         The problem is that the Pharo 1.1.1 already has Metacello
>         installed. But
>         of course, the metacello of that moment.
>         The way you are installing OSProcess, i.e
>
>         ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
>         #stable)  load.
>
>         use the "symbolic" version #stable which is a Metacello feature
>         that was
>         added to Metacello in a newer version than the one you have in Pharo
>         1.1.1. So...you have to options:
>
>         1) Try to upgrade your Metacello version of your Pharo 1.1.1 to the
>         latest one. This is what I tried, but failed. THere is a way to
>         upgrade
>         a package in Metacello but I don't remember now. Maybe other guy
>         now.
>

>     The following should upgrade to the correct version of Metacello:
>
>       ConfigurationOfMetacello project updateProject.
>       ConfigurationOfMetacello load.
>
>     If this fails, I am interested in a stack and an error report...
>
>     What did you try that failed?
>

> ConfigurationOfMetacello project latestVersion load.

What was the failure? I would expect that expression to work without
error, but because the latest mcz version of the
ConfigurationOfMetacello wasn't grabbed from the web, I wouldn't expect
a different version of Metacello to be installed ...

So the trick is to do the #updateProject first, which pulls the most
recent mcz file from the repository and _then_ load latest...