[Pharo-project] Networking change in Pharo 1.2?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:17:06 CEST 2011

Stef,

What was it fixing?  There might be a better solution.  I found myself trying to swim in Linux, Pharo and machines with multiple interfaces (wired and wireless) almost simultaneously.

I still haven't really figured it out, but *if* #localHostAddress makes sense at all (#localHostAddresses might be more meaningful message), it should probably raise an error if there is not a unique result.  #localHostAddress:ifNone:ifMany: would put the sender in control.  For your problem, #localHostOrLoopBackAddress would be another option; at least the sender would be knowingly accepting the "risk" of getting the loopback address.

Bill