[Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 15:27:43 CEST 2011

Am 2011-04-20 um 14:19 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> looks like it is basically working. I used a clean Pharo 1.2.1, then loaded Seaside
>
> Gofer new
> 		squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> 		package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
> 	load.
>
> 	((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion) load.
>

> then loaded you script:
>

> Gofer new
> 	squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> 	package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakSource';
> 	load.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSqueakSource) project version: #development) load.
>
> After that I started Seaside using the seaside control panel
> and went to http://localhost:9094/installSS
>
> I got two errors, but after proceeding I was able to run
> an instance of SS3. Cool.

I would be certainly interested in the errors.

> Would be nice if the config for Squeaksource 3 could be
> extended for Pharo (together with a dependency on Seaside 3 config)

oO the Seaside3-dependency should be there.
But it is a basic dependency not dictating any adaptor.

To Dale or whoever is capable of this:

	How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
	in my metacello Config?

	Aparently, doing

	spec
	  package: 'SqueakSource-Core' with: [
	    spec requires: #( "…" 'Seaside Extras' "…" )];
	  project: 'Seaside Extras' with: [
	    spec
	      className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
	      loads: #('Seaside-Email' 'RSS-Core');
	      file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
	      versionString: '3.0.4';
	      repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'];

	does not suffice.

> so that one could easily load anything using your simple
> script right from a Pharo 1.2 image.
>
> It could then be added to http://ci.pharo-project.org by Marcus
> as one of the projects to build and everybody is able to download
> his own private squeaksource server ...

Probably; I'm thinking of similar things :)

So Long,
	-Tobias