[Pharo-project] Networking problems on Pharo 1.2.1

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu Apr 21 13:13:40 CEST 2011

On 21 Apr 2011, at 12:42, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> That is no networking problem. That is just how a tcp server connections work.
> When you connect from a client to the server, the server has to initialize a new
> socket to communicate on. Just take a look at what waitForConnectionFor does.
>
> Stephan

I don't agree, accept is what a server does for a socket that is listening,
connecting is what a client does.

The code is not as I would write it (it is wrong to create server sockets in a loop).
One also has to be careful with multithreading and who is waiting for who.

I think the problem might be the #listenOn:
I use #listenOn:backlogSize:
These are using different primitives.

Sven