[Pharo-project] About (nil at nil)

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Apr 21 18:39:52 CEST 2011

with manuel oriol we started to play with the idea of a randomTester in Pharo. It poses a lot of questions.

Now doing the first experiments, I found an instance of point (nil at nil) (besides reciprocal broken on Point (0 at 0) and

(Point allInstances select: [:each | each x isNil]) first pointersTo

points me to recreateSpecialObjectsArray

I looked into the literals and others and I could not find.

Each time I execute
	Smalltalk recreateSpecialObjectsArray

I get a new nil at nil objects.... but forcing a GC garbage them.
But I still have this nil at nil object around.

Does anybody have an idea from where nil at nil could come from?