[Pharo-project] Rasterizing strike fonts without subpixel information

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 14:29:18 CEST 2011

Hello,

in Athens i cannot use a subpixel information stored in current StrikeFont(s),
because i cannot guarantee that glyphs will be drawn using same
orientation and will always match pixel grid on destination form
(surface).
Therefore, a subpixel 16bpp color map which currently StrikeFonts
using makes no sense because you cannot guarantee that 1 pixel in
glyph form maps exactly to 1 pixel on screen.

I need to render fonts as an alpha transparency mask, so then i could
use them to render using arbitrary color + arbitrary scale & rotation.

Guys, could you help me, what you are using for converting a truetype
fonts to raster?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.