[Pharo-project] Why errors are not logged in the Transcript?

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Fri Apr 22 20:15:08 CEST 2011

Yes, reading and sharing the stack trace is a common task, but to do that you don't need to pollute the Transcript.

If you want to do a (albeit crude) parallel to other realms, think of Transcript as the Unix stdout and the debug pane as the stderr.

Putting *useful* info into files so others than the programmer can consume it's not contrary to Smalltalk.

As parallel, Squeak mailing lists include all the diffs for changes in the e-mail's bodies, which can be considered as the same as filing them out.

Maybe you hating on searching PharoDebug.log stems from lack of an appropriate tool?