[Pharo-project] out of memory - cog on windows

Alain_Rastoul alr.dev at free.fr
Sat Apr 23 11:13:17 CEST 2011

Hi Igor

I'm sure it it was in windows vm ... years ago  I used to specify it with
squeak vm because of long startup time.

and the code seems to be still here in sqWin32Intel.c , but I don' t think
it is used anymore , because there is also sqAllocateMemory in
sqWin32Alloc.c (did not investigate much).

sqWin32Intel.c:
  { ARG_UINT, &dwMemorySize, "-memory:" },          /* megabyte of memory to
use */
#ifdef NO_VIRTUAL_MEMORY
  if(!dwMemorySize) {
    dwMemorySize = 4;
    virtualMemory = (int)imageSize + max(imageSize, dwMemorySize *
0x00100000);
  } else {
    virtualMemory = (int)dwMemorySize * 0x00100000;
  }
#else
  /* initial commit size = imageSize + 4MB */
  virtualMemory = imageSize + 0x00400000;
#endif

Regards,
Alain

"Igor Stasenko" <siguctua at gmail.com> a écrit
dans le message de news:
BANLkTim6HXhBxJOV24hxQrdJZz1QRZyGOA at mail.gmail.com...
On 22 April 2011 22:48, Andres Valloud
<avalloud at smalltalk.comcastbiz.net> wrote:
> It's nice to see how to set up one's environment. The specific compiler
> versions, as well as versions of the relevant SDKs, should be well
> documented so that anyone can reproduce an "official" build.

Indeed. That's the idea.

> IMHO, it seems a bit weird that a command line switch was superceded with
> #define.

i'm not sure if there was such switch on windoze.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.