[Pharo-project] Fwd: [Vm-dev] Re: out of memory - cog on windows

Andres Valloud avalloud at smalltalk.comcastbiz.net
Sun Apr 24 02:34:04 CEST 2011

You can determine the switches better than me... for us, it was
/LARGEADDRESSAWARE, also a linker switch:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wz223b1z.aspx

Now, keep in mind that expanding the address space capability of the app
doesn't mean Windows will give it 4gb.  Under some Windows
configurations, that won't happen unless you change how Windows boots.
Under some versions, 4gb is just not possible.  See here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778%28v=VS.85%29.aspx